3. a. Genesis 39:3, 23 ~ The Lord was with Joseph and prospered his efforts. It was apparent to both Potiphar and to the warden of the prison.
Genesis 39:21 ~ The Lord was kind to Joseph by causing him to find favor with the prison warden.
Joshua 1:7-9 ~ The Lord promised Joshua those who have a heart for the Lord and His ways and avoid fear and discouragement, He promised to be with him where ever he went.
Now that the Holy Spirit abides in us, this verse comes to mind…Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Seek first and foremost the kingdom of God.
- Seek to learn how He thinks.
- Seek to know His ways.
- Do things His way.
- Focus on developing and maintaining a relationship with Him.
- Joseph made wise decisions.
- The other servants liked him and took direction from him. Good leadership skills.
- By his actions, Joseph displayed concern for his master’s best interests.
- Potiphar’s household prospered and he perceived it was because of Joseph’s God.
5. a. Joseph must have developed a relationship with the Lord and drawn on Him for sustenance, comfort, and prosperity.
b. God showed He was with Joseph by prospering him and giving him success in everything he did. He also granted him favor with those around him.