3. a. In Genesis 26:2, the Lord specifically instructed Isaac, “Do not go down to Egypt…”
- The Lord spoke to Jacob in a vision at night, identifying Himself as the same one who spoke to Isaac, saying, “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.”
- Seek to know and do exactly what the Lord directs, even though it may not make sense in our limited understanding.
- If we need wisdom, seek, ask and trust the Lord to give it to us, as He promised.
- “I will make you a great nation there.”
- “I will go down to Egypt with you.”
- “I will surely bring you back again.”
- “Joseph’s own hand will close your eyes.”
I will make you a great nation there.
- Exodus 1:7 But the descendants of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly; they multiplied and grew exceedingly strong, and the land was full of them.
- Exodus 1:12 ..the more [the Egyptians] oppressed them, the more they multiplied and expanded
- Exodus 12:37 …about 600,000 men on foot, besides women and children.
I will go down to Egypt with you.
- Exodus 1:12 But the more [the Egyptians] oppressed them, the more they multiplied and expanded, so that [the Egyptians] were vexed and alarmed because of the Israelites. AMP
- Exodus 1:17 But the midwives feared God and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded, but let the male babies live. AMP
I will surely bring you back again.
- Genesis 47:29-30 Do not bury me in Egypt, 30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me where they are buried.”“I will do as you say,” he said.AMP
- Exodus 2:23-24 They kept crying, and their cry because of slavery ascended to God. And God heard their sighing and groaning and [earnestly] remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. AMP
- Exodus 12:51 And on that very day the Lord brought the Israelites out of the land of Egypt by their hosts. AMP
Joseph’s own hand will close your eyes.
- Genesis 50:1 (The verse doesn’t say Joseph closed his eyes, but Joseph was there.) Then Joseph fell upon his father’s face and wept over him and kissed him. AMP