13. By instructing his sons to bury him in the cave Abraham purchased for Sarah’s burial, Jacob demonstrated his faith in God’s promise to bring him back from Egypt.
- Acts 20:35 – We will be more blessed by being diligent to give to others in need than by being diligent to receive from others.
- Romans 4:7 – We are blessed by forgiveness of our sins. We appropriate God’s forgiveness by accepting the forgiveness provided by Jesus’ sacrifice.
- Ephesians 1:3 – We have been blessed in the heavenly realm with every spiritual blessing if we are in Christ.
- Titus 2:13 – We are waiting for the blessed promise of Jesus’ return.
- James 1:12 – We are blessed when we persevere in times of testing and persecution.
- 1 Peter 3:9 – We are blessed when we repay evil deeds with blessing.
- Revelation 1:3 – We are blessed by reading the word – John’s prophecy recorded in the book of Revelation.
15. Those who put the kingdom of God first and persevere even through trying circumstances are blessed.