- Jesus — the Greek form of Joshua which means “the Lord saves.” Matthew 1:21
- Immanuel — It means “God with us”. Matthew 1:23
- I was “saved” at the age of 5, but it took years for me to really grasp the truth of it. Before, I still felt guilt and condemnation. I finally understand the grace of God.
- What a blessing that God isn’t just somewhere out there watching me. Since I answered His knock at the door of my heart, He has been with me — my friend, my comforter, my counselor, my redeemer. He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me.
6. a. Saved…
- is the opposite of condemned. John 3:17
- requires us to believe that Jesus is the promised Redeemer. John 8:24
- are His sheep, and they listen to His voice. John 10:14-16
- can be found through no other way but Jesus. Acts 4:12
- comes through believing in our heart and confessing with our mouths. Romans 10:9
- resurrects us through the free gift of grace. Ephesians 2:5–8
- Freedom from guilt and condemnation
- I now wear a garment that is whiter than snow.
- My hope, my strength, my very life is in Christ.
- My eternal home is being prepared for me.