- He will be great.
- He will be called the Son of the Most High.
- The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
- He will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever.
- His kingdom will never end.
b. The Holy Spirit — the power of the Most High — overshadowed Mary just as the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters while the earth was formless and empty. The Holy Spirit — the breath of God — is the power that creates life where there is no life.
c. That same power that creates life and raised Jesus from dead lives within me. Romans 8:11 Why should I then live a powerless life? I choose LIFE!
8. a. Mary confessed with her mouth saying she was the Lord’s servant. She was willing and in agreement with the message delivered by the angel.
b. When the still small voice prompts me to do or not do something, I should speak my willingness and agreement with what I hear.