Study of Matthew 9:1–8 ~ My answers to BSF study questions
3. a. Jesus acknowledged the faith of the men who were persistent in getting their paralyzed friend to Him.
b. We don’t do that as often as we should. Perhaps most of us are stuck in our own mental or emotional paralysis.
- vs. 2 “Your sins are forgiven.”
- vs. 4 “Knowing their thoughts…”
- vs. 6 “But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”
- vs. 6c-7a (Jesus said) “Get up, take your mat and go home.” 7 Then the man got up and went home.”
b. The paralyzed man got up without assistance, picked up his mat and went home. I would love to see that happen in person. I have seen it in a video.
Woman Gets Healed After Being Paralyzed For 23 Years
5. Mark includes these additional details:
- Capernaum, the name of the town
- Jesus’ return created quite a buzz.
- A huge crowd gathered, and He preached to them.
- Four men carried the paralyzed men. There were apparently other men with them.
Luke includes these additional details:
- Some Pharisees were present.
- The crowds came from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem.
- The healed man left praising God!