Study of Matthew 24:24–36 ~ My answers to study questions
- The sun will be darkened.
- The moon will not give its light.
- The stars will fall from the sky.
- The heavenly bodies will be shaken.
Sounds like Revelation 16:12-17
- Zechariah 12:10 — The Jews will mourn…Although some consider this passage unfulfilled, John said it was fulfilled when Jesus was stabbed in the side by the Roman’s spear.
John 19:34-37 (HCSB) 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and at once blood and water came out. 35 He who saw this has testified so that you also may believe. His testimony is true, and he knows he is telling the truth. 36 For these things happened so that the Scripture would be fulfilled: Not one of His bones will be broken. 37 Also, another Scripture says: They will look at the One they pierced.
- Matthew 24:30 — This verse says all people, not just the Jews, will mourn when they see Him return.
- Revelation 1:7 — Every eye will see Him—The Jews and everyone else.
c. Although we should know when the time is near, according to Matthew 24:32, no one can pinpoint the exact date and time of Jesus’ return.
9. Many think the fig tree refers to the sign of Israel once again becoming a nation. But this verse sounds like what Luke said the parable of the fig tree was about. Luke also said, “and all the trees.” I think Jesus simply meant the trees budding and sprouting leaves is a sign of spring. The signs He mentioned will let us know the time for His return is near.