- Take the thought captive. Immediately. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Begin to praise or sing to the Lord. If the temptation causes me to glorify God, seems the enemy would be turned off by that.
- Resist the devil, and he will flee. James 4:7
- Make sure my armor is fastened securely. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Pray for strength that I will not enter into temptation. Luke 22:40
- Confide in a trusted friend or family member. (James 5:16) Ask him/her to hold me accountable.
“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14
For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted. Hebrews 2:18
“… the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation” 2 Peter 2:9a
11. a. Jesus said Moses allowed divorce due to the hardness of mans’ heart.
b. Jesus challenged the practice of divorce allowed by Moses due to the hardness of man’s heart. Marriage was God’s plan for the man and woman he created. He designed them to become one flesh and remain together for life. Jesus called remarriage after divorce adultery.