6. a. God-fearing, faith-filled, humble, compassionate, leader, who understood the value of time and understood the power of sending his word.
b. Centurion’s words
- “Lord, I am not worthy or fit to have You come under my roof;” (Matthew 8:8b) AMP
- “only speak the word, and my servant boy will be cured.” (Matthew 8:8c) AMP
- “For I also am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me.” (Matthew 8:9) AMP
- “And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my slave, Do this, and he does it.” (Matthew 8:9) AMP
c. I told my business partner I will do my part, but I won’t help him worry. God is my provider. Worrying won’t accomplish anything helpful. Faith will.
7. a. Challenge — The Gentiles, or non-Jewish people groups and nations—See Malachi 1:11
b. Marriage supper of the Lamb—Revelation 19:6–9
6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
c. “ I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life.” John 5:24 AMP
Most Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses and others acknowledge that Jesus was a good man or a prophet. However, they stop short of believing that Jesus was God’s son who provided atonement for our sin and disease, rising to conquer sin’s death penalty. Anyone who does not accept Jesus’ sacrifice for our justification will not be a part of the marriage feast. Those who do not honor Jesus equally with the Father, do not truly honor the Father.
8. a. In Luke 4:38, they asked Jesus to help Simon’s mother-in-law who was sick. We learn from this miracle that Jesus heals the sick. Her fever didn’t just break, she was completely made well. I love that!
We also learn that…
- Simon (Peter) was married,
- his wife’s mother lived with them,
- Jesus did not object to marriage.
- Jesus was compassionate toward the sick and the family who loved her.
- Jesus had no fear of catching her illness. (He got close enough to touch her hand.)
- Jesus treated women much better than most men in their culture.
b. She got up and served them a meal.
9. a. Isaiah 53:4
b. I believe that Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the promise for total healing and redemption of man in mind, body, and spirit. This total healing was provided in Christ’s atoning sacrifice. 1 Peter 2:24
c. Jesus also said to His disciples—anyone, which means I’m included—back then and into the future to go and do even greater things. “I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.” John 14:12 I want that! I want to speak with authority—sending the word to heal a paralytic. I want to set the captives free, raise the dead, win the lost, make disciples…I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.
What have you done this week to show that you trust in Jesus in a practical way? I love testimonies!