John Lesson 21 Day 5
Answers to BSF Bible Study Questions on
It’s easy to say “I love God,” but genuine love reflects God’s love. If we belong to God, then we will love each other regardless of how hard love is. (Voice)
12. 1 John 4:7-21 Ways God embodies true love.
God sent His only Son into the world so that we could find true life through Him.
God loved us first and sent His unique son on a special mission to become an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
God loved us sacrificially.
God gave us His Spirit.
God sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.
God is love.
His perfect love expels fear.
God’s expression of love in my life
Answered prayer—healing and miracles both big and small
The way He looks after my dad
Feeling God’s tangible presence
Revelation, encouragement, and direction through Scripture, hearing His still, small voice, and through dreams and visions
13. a. 1 John 5 Overcoming the World
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ and loves the Father—
- Is born of God, reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose—God-begotten.
- Loves the child fathered by Him.
- Proves that he loves God when he keeps his commandments and finds they are not at all troublesome. (MSG)
- Is victorious and overcomes the world (AMP)
- Inwardly confirms God’s testimony. (MSG) Know in their hearts that this testimony is true. (NLT) Accepts this testimony. (NIV)
- Has received eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; (NIV)
- If he asks anything according to God’s will, God hears. And if he knows that God hears him—whatever he asks—he knows he has it.
- The Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. (NIV)
- Is in fellowship with him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ.
We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning.
We know that we are children of God—[God-begotten and God-protected (MSG)] and that the world around us is under the power and control of the evil one. (Why do so many believers think “God is in control”?)
We know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God.
MY answers — not THE answers — to BSF study questions on John Lesson 21 Day 5 Day 6 ~ 1 John 4:7–5:21