- They need God on their side.
- They need Him to send His angel before them to strike terror in the hearts of their enemies.
- They need His wisdom and cunning.
Also in their future—the people of Canaan were corrupt. God warned them to avoid their religious practices. Nor intermarry with them. Nor make treaties with them.
12. a. Moses was able to go without food and water for 40 days because He was in the Lord’s presence. He actually had two 40-day fasts. There may have been only a few days between them.
Moses proved, “Man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4;4 AMP
“God’s word and His presence can sustain the physical body.” Andrew Wommack
b. Moses’ face radiated the reflected glory of God because he had spoken with God. Interesting, it didn’t happen the first 40 days.
c. I hope I radiated the glory of God this past week. I repented several times for my lack of patience with my grandchildren, my dad, and my husband. Everyone is still speaking to me, so I hope my behavior wasn’t as bad as I thought. I apologized to my son, and he didn’t know what I was talking about. So that’s something.
The changes that come to mind, although I still have so far to go:
- Boldness—I used to wrestle with myself when the Lord prompted me to speak to someone. My heart pounded etc. Even though I’m still an introvert, I don’t usually hesitate.
- Surrender—I had my agenda that I thought was God’s plan. I was working my plan in His name. I still have to climb back on the altar regularly. Pity parties are my greatest temptation. Goal—Living sacrifice.
- Love—Serving others even when I don’t want to is so hard. But I do it more often than I used to.
- Tongue that looks like Swiss cheese (from biting it so much)—Not as often as I should, though. A work in progress.