8. Aaron’s blessing or benediction from Numbers 6:24-26 in my own words (with a lot of help from other scriptures):
I pray you will see the Heavenly Father’s eyes of everlasting love looking deeply into yours;
I pray you will receive the grace and mercy of Christ Jesus;
I pray you will experience Spirit of God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. (Philippians 4:7 NLT)
Matthew Henry’s Commentary notes its similarity with the following blessing:
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 NLT
Aaron’s blessing also reminds me of Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3:16-21. I used to pray a personalized version of it over myself and my family. How easily I drop good habits!
When I might bless someone in this way—
- At a going away party
- At any family celebration—graduations, birthdays, etc.
- At weddings—I did something similar at my son’s wedding.
- At any and every opportunity.
Interestingly, it is a Jewish tradition for close friends and family to speak amazing blessings at the first three I mentioned. Christians should also excel at this.
9. Principles about giving learned in Chapter 7—
- God is generous with His people. Romans 10:12
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is also generous in grace. 2 Corinthians 8:9
- The godly are generous givers. Psalm 37:21b
- The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25
- Generous people plan to do what is generous. Isaiah 32:8
10. a. Special role of the Levites—
The Levites served at the tent of meeting.
b. God had a right to give the Levites as gifts to Aaron and his sons because all the Israelites belonged to Him.
c. The Levites served at the tent of meeting from age 25 until age 50.
These are my answers to BSF study questions, not THE answers.