3. a. God gave Moses instructions for —
- When you finally settle in the land I am giving you. Numbers 15:2 NLT
- When you arrive in the land where I am taking you, Numbers 15:18 NLT
- When you eat the crops that grow there. Numbers 15:19 NLT
- Throughout the generations to come Numbers 15:21 NLT
- Differentiation between unintentional and intentional sin. Numbers 15:22-41 NLT
- Wearing tassels to help them remember to obey the commandments. Numbers 15:40 NLT
b. Example of intentional sin—
Gathering wood on the Sabbath
The penalty was severe because—
They have treated the Lord’s word with contempt and deliberately disobeyed his command. Numbers 15:31 NLT
c. Positive reasons for wearing tassels—
- Remember God’s commands.
- Obey God’s commands.
- Be holy to your God.
Negative reason for wearing tassels—
Avoid following after your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do. Numbers 15:39
d. I’m trying to remember to keep my thoughts on God and meditate on His goodness and His word throughout the day.
So often minutia and negativity dominate. It feels like I’m trying to keep a beach ball under water.
In Angels of Humility, the intercessor used walking through a doorway in her house as a trigger. That isn’t enough for me. Perhaps if I hung something from the casing above each door…
Worship music works great. I’m trying to find a simpler way to keep it audible as I move from room to room. The ear buds I’ve tried aren’t comfortable for wearing all day.
That said, here is the most concise list of remembers I could come up with—
- Remember how dearly God loves me, because he has given me the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with his love. Romans 5:5 NLT
- Remember to love the Lord my God with all my heart (passion), all my soul (prayer), and all my mind (intellect). Matthew 22:37 MSG
- Remember to love others, including my enemies, as well as I love myself. Matthew 22:39 MSG
- Remember to always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 NLT
One of my favorite things about blogging my answers is how I’m forced to work diligently on the answers. I don’t allow myself to skip or gloss over a question.
Frequently a question stumps me. I have to walk away and come back to it. Even when I’m not consciously thinking about the question and scripture, my subconscious is. When I do think about it, I ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten my understanding and lead me into the truth.
Sometimes the question frustrates me. I write, edit, and rewrite until I feel enough peace to hit publish.
Photo Credit TShilo12
This post contains an affiliate link, which means if you choose to purchase that item [or any other item(s)] after clicking on the link, a small portion of the price will be credited to my account. Any funds earned will be used to support hosting and other costs associated with maintaining this website. Funds are needed and appreciated.