Psalm 90 Prayer of Moses
12. a. Moses’ emotions—
- Awe of God as the creator
- Fear of God
- Love for God
- Desire to see the glory of God
- Desire for others to see the glory of God
- Desire to see years of gladness
- Desire to see success
b. Attributes of God—
- Creator—the beginning and the end of all things.
- Giver of life
- Timeless—exists outside of time
- Emotional, but not in a foolish way
- God’s anger—Thankfully, He now withholds judgment because of Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:19
- Faithful to His word
c. Meditating on God’s attributes—
- Helps me know Him
- Helps me love Him
- Helps me trust Him
- Helps me follow Him
- Causes me to seek His wisdom
d. Right away, verse 1 in the New Living translation grabbed me.
- While I was growing up, my family moved at least eight times. As an adult, I get restless within two years of moving into a new house. That tendency frustrates me, and no doubt, others.So now when people ask me where I’m from, I don’t have to pull out the list. Through all my years, God has been my home!
- The idea that God doesn’t experience time the way we do is fascinating and difficult to comprehend.
- And may the Lord our God show us his approval
and make our efforts successful.
Yes, make our efforts successful!
Photo credit Curtis Abert Creative Commons