Deuteronomy 30 Deut 30
10. a. God gave these terms for restoration after a time of turning away from Him—
- You and your children must return to the Lord your God.
- You must obey with all your heart and all your soul all the commands I have given you today.
b. When Israel returns to Him God promised to—
…cut away and circumcise the hardness around your hearts and your descendants’ hearts so that you’ll love Him completely, heart and soul, and you’ll live. Deut. 30:6 The Voice
This is similar to Ezekiel 36:26-28—
I will plant a new heart and new spirit inside of you. I will take out your stubborn, stony heart and give you a willing, tender heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit inside of you and inspire you to live by My statutes and follow My laws. Then you will live in the same land I gave your ancestors; you will be My people, and I will be your God.
And Hebrews 10:16 quoting a prophecy in Jeremiah 31:33-34—
“But when those days are over,” says the Eternal One, “I will make
this kind of covenant with the people of Israel:
I will put My laws in their hearts
and write them upon their minds,”
c. It’s comforting and encouraging to know—
God knows our frame, He [earnestly] remembers and imprints [on His heart] that we are dust. Psalm 103:14 AMP
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT
11. a. The choices—Life or death
The choices that bring blessings equal life and prosperity.
The choices that bring curses equal death and disaster.
b. I choose Jesus!
- Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” John 6:35
- Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.” John 14:6
- Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live” John 11:25
- Jesus said, “I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10 AMP
- Jesus said, “He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water. (AMP) John 7:37-39
12. The law was given to the Jews—
…to keep sin in check until the time was right for the saving justice that comes through faith in Jesus. The law serves as a tutor or a schoolmaster, revealing our great need for salvation and pointing everyone toward Jesus. Galatians 3:19 The Voice
Photo credit Samuel via Flickr.com Creative Commons License
These are MY answers to the study questions, not THE answers.