12. a. The Unholy Trinity
- The Dragon, Satan The anti-God (Revelation 12)
- First Beast, The anti-Christ (Revelation 13)
- Second Beast, False Prophet, The anti-Spirit (Revelation 13)
I keep thinking they are all three wannabes.
For you said to yourself,
‘I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God’s stars.
I will preside on the mountain of the gods
far away in the north.
I will climb to the highest heavens
and be like the Most High.’ See Isaiah 14:12-15 NLT (emphasis added)
b. The second beast had two horns like a lamb.
A counterfeit symbolic of the Lamb of God
c. Holy Trinity versus the Wannabe Trinity
God is good, loving, all-powerful, lover of peace, compassionate, merciful, healer, deliverer, perfect, holy…
Works of the Holy Trinity
- Infinite love personified
- All powerful
- Prince of Peace
- Good, compassionate, merciful
- Giver of life
- Builds up
- Denounces idolatry
- True signs and wonders
Works of the Unholy Trinity
- Lies and deceit
- Evil personified
- Dissension, war, murder,
- Wounds, affliction, humiliation
- Steals, kills, destroys
- Tears down
- Demands idol worship
- Counterfeit signs and wonders
- Produces Ishmaels
13. a. Scriptural warnings against false prophets and counterfeit leaders
A false prophet may suggest the worship of other gods.
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.
- False prophets seem harmless and sincere. But they are leading others astray; ripping them off in some way. MSG
- They don’t bear good fruit. Character is more important than charisma. Who they are is more important than what they say. (MSG) Their actions do not agree with what they profess. James 2:17, 20, and 26
Some will falsely claim, “I am the Messiah.” They are deceived or simply set out to deceive others.
Greed for money and/or power motivates them. Verse 15 compares them to Balaam.
- Their teaching and doctrine deceive. Jesus used the Pharisees as an example. See also Matthew 16:12; Galatians 1:8-9; 1 Timothy 1:3-9, 4:1-6; and 2 John 7-11
- “Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person—comes from God and belongs to God. And everyone who refuses to confess faith in Jesus has nothing in common with God. This is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought!” MSG
A false prophet may not exhibit all five of these characteristics, and not everyone who exhibits one or two of these characteristics is a false prophet. However, these traits are associated with the false prophets who were identified in the Bible and should be questioned. (Note on Matthew 7:15 AWMI)
b. Daniel 7:21-22 Focus on The Most High
As I watched, this horn was waging war against God’s holy people and was defeating them, until the Ancient One—the Most High—came and judged in favor of his holy people. Then the time arrived for the holy people to take over the kingdom. NLT
Hallelujah, we win!