John Lesson 4 Day 5 Day 6 ~ Study of John 3:22-36
This…took place not long after Jesus’ first public ministry in Jerusalem at the feast of the Passover. It was approximately six months after John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. So we can deduce from this that John’s and Jesus’ public ministries overlapped for at least six months. Andrew Wommack
13- John rejoices when he hears many people are following Jesus.
- I am not the Messiah. I am here to prepare the way for Him.
- He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
- I am filled with joy at his success.
14- John the Baptist says about Jesus
- He has come from heaven and is greater than anyone else.
- He is sent by God.
- He speaks God’s words.
- God gives him the Spirit without limit.
- The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands.
- Anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life.
- Whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
15- Lesson 4 highlights
- John the Baptist provides a perfect example of humility and unwavering devotion to his divine destiny.
- Nicodemus broke free of his temporal, religious ministry mindset and pursued a spiritual relationship with the Messiah.
Father, may I escape every temptation to choose pride, recognition, or self-pity over humility and destiny.
May I escape every temptation to choose rebellion or distraction over obedience;
May I ALWAYS choose intimacy over knowledge and zeal over complacency. Amen
MY answers — not THE answers — to BSF study questions on John Lesson 4 Day 5 Day 6