6. The Beast
- The beast was given the power of speech. He spoke arrogant and blasphemous words.
- The beast slandered God’s name, God’s tent (the literal translation of the Greek), “especially those already dwelling with God in heaven.” MSG
- The beast was given “was given freedom and authority to act and to do as he pleased for three and a half years.” Rev 13:5 AMP
- The beast was allowed to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them.
- The beast was given power and authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation.
My name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
I know my name is written there because of God’s promises. He keeps His Word.
- I believed, received, and welcomed Jesus into my life.
- Jesus, the Lamb of God, took away all my sin.
- He extended to me the privilege of becoming a supernaturally born child of God.
- Because of this new birth, I became a citizen of high heaven.
- My name is in the Lamb’s book of life.
- My earthly body will be transformed to be like Jesus’ glorious resurrected body.
- Jesus rescued me from dying subject to the penalty of sin.
- Now I will have eternal life and live with Him forever.
I victoriously overcame the world through believing that Jesus is the Son of God.
Because of this, Jesus said He will never blot my name out of the Lamb’s Book of Life.
I am dressed in white.
Jesus confesses and openly acknowledges my name before His Father and before His angels.
On the day everyone stands before God and the books are opened, my name will be found in the Lamb’s Book of Life. I will not be hurled toward the Lake of Fire.
8. a. Endurance
Even if the world responds to me with hatred (because of my love for Jesus), Jesus says, “remember that it hated me before it hated you.” (AMP)
The ones who persecute Jesus will persecute His followers, too.
Jesus kept His promise to send me an advocate, the Spirit of Truth who will lead me into all truth.
The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. NLT
God gives me patience and encouragement. He helps me live in harmony with other followers of Jesus.
When I patiently endure troubles and hardships, I show that I’m a true minister of God.
I faithfully preach the truth.
God’s power works in us.
I serve God whether people honor me or despise me.
Joy in the midst of sorrow; blessed in the midst of lack.
I pray that we will be filled with insight into God’s purposes.
I pray that we will display admirable character, moral courage, and personal integrity that will please God.
I pray we will bear fruit in every good work.
I pray we will steadily grow in the knowledge of God [with deeper faith, clearer insight and fervent love for His precepts]
We give thanks to the Father who qualifies us to share in the inheritance of the saints (God’s people) in the light.
Run from evil.
Pursue righteousness and a godly life along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. (fruit of the Spirit)
Fight the good fight for the true faith.
Hold tightly to the eternal life to which we are called.
b. God has helped me endure through His Word.
Worshiping in His presence brings comfort, reassurance, protection, guidance, hope, and strength.
His promises give me hope. His promises are full of life. They never fail no matter what is happening at the moment.
The greatest of all is His Love. It endures forever.