Romans Lesson 10 Day 5
My answers to BSF study questions
12. Jesus, the Anointed One
- Jesus, the Anointed One, was resurrected from the dead.
- He will never die again.
- Death no longer has any power over him.
- He died to sin, ending his relationship with it.
- The Anointed One now lives in unbroken fellowship with God.
Because of what Jesus did for us
- My sin nature is forgiven and my penalty paid in full.
- Eternal life began the moment I accepted his free gift.
- Death has no power over me.
- I am dead to sin. We are divorced.
- I’m in a new forever relationship with the Anointed One.
13. Consider yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 6:11 HCSB)
No longer controlled by our sin nature.
Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:1-2 HCSB)
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these. (Mark 12:30-31 HCSB)
The people we live with know us the best. Hopefully, they see us moving toward maturity.
When I’m impatient or unkind, I should apologize as soon as possible. Above all, show respect and love.
Outside of my home, when I’m shopping, visiting family or friends, etc. honor others without compromise.
Share the good news when possible.
Fellowship with other believers
- Love one another (John 13:34)
- Be hospitable (1 Peter 4:9)
- Contribute to the needs of others. (Romans 12:13)
- Encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices [and instruments] and making melody with all your heart to the Lord, (Ephesians 5:19 AMPC)
Join the discussion on our FACEBOOK PAGE or leave a comment below.
Please help spread the Word by clicking “like” and sharing this post with your friends and via social media.
- Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Off Grid Worship will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!
MY answers — not THE answers — to BSF study questions on Romans Lesson 10 Day 5 ~ Romans 6:9-11